The finest and advanced method of producing biological children in the later lifetime with the help of preserving egg, sperm or reproductive tissue is known as Fertility Preservation. This technique helps to retain their fertility by preserving the procreation ability. The advanced fertility preservation technique will not be offered by all fertility centers except a few leading hospitals who avail fertility treatments at a huge level.
Who are eligible for Fertility Preservation?
Fertility preservation helps mostly to the people, who expect a delayed pregnancy due to their work and other reasons, persons who work in a heavy exposure to metals like asbestos, women who suffer from endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS. When there is a need, the preserved egg/sperm are utilized to deliver their biological children.
Generally, cancer treatments will reduce the probability of fertility. Hence, before undergoing the treatments, the patients may preserve the egg/sperm to get conceived once the disease is completely cured. Radiation applied near testicles/ovaries leads to infertility finally. This is because of an alkylating agent used in chemotherapy. People with autoimmune diseases naturally have fewer chances of conception. So, Fertility preservation is a helping hand in such cases.
There is a different method of fertility preservation for men and women.
The methods used for fertility preservation in men are:
- Sperm cryopreservation: Semen is collected through masturbation, testicular sperm extraction through the needle from men. The samples are frozen and stored for years. Depends on the sperm availability, the samples may be used for IUI / IVF.
- Gonadal shielding – Direct radiation towards testicles will completely destroy the fertility chances. So, Gonadal shielding is performed to protect the area by a lead shield during the radiation treatment.
Fertility preservation methods in women are:
- Embryo Cryopreservation – Egg is collected from a woman, fused with her partner/donor’s sperm in the laboratory. The resulting embryo is frozen, stored and preserved.
- Egg freezing (Oocyte cryopreservation) – Identical to Embryo cryopreservation, a woman will be treated with synthetic hormones, and the matured eggs are harvested. Then, the unfertilized eggs are preserved in a frozen condition.
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation – Before radio or chemotherapy, ovarian tissues are removed and frozen. The removed tissues can be implanted than in certain areas of the body to initiate egg production.
ARC International Infertility and Research center is the best hospital for fertility preservation in India. The medical crew uses advanced technology to deplete the infertility issues.
Mail us @ firstname.lastname@example.org